News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Long ride this Saturday, May 17 suggestions

Started by Anthony Scozzari, May 15, 2014, 12:00:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
All,
I'm out of town on business and hope all of you are safe, a friend of mine lost their house in Carlsbad. All of this is quite scary and unsettling.

Being out of town I feel disconnected to what's going on and whether our roads or weather should suggest a route change. I'd like feedback, comments, or suggestions for what we ride this Saturday. Ideally I'd say look at the other routes we're doing this month and let me know if we just do highland valley as scheduled or whether we take one of the other routes that are planned and do it early. Of course if there is another route we've done that you want to suggest as an alternative you can do that too. Just help me please with some suggestions for Saturday. Thanks and again stay safe and as cool as you can.
Anthony

Lisa Ruby

Hi,

I'm not a long rider, but I think the club as a whole needs to keep a close eye on what is going on in San Marcos. It might be wise, and considerate of us, to stay out of the area this Saturday. They are still battling that fire, and there are many evacuations, at least there were as of last night and this morning. Even if they get the fire contained today or tomorrow, there will still be a lot of mop up to be done for a number of days.

Lisa Ruby

So we'll go with the one suggestion and be respectful to those still in the affected areas and cancel tomorrow's ride. I'm back in town late and can't figure where we might be able to ride or either the air is adequate for us so since just one reply and it consider and well worded we'll ride together next week.

I'm sure many will ride tomorrow and be safe.