News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

"Three Blind Mice"

Started by Margareth Demery, July 30, 2013, 02:32:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Great part of the Century test ride yesterday morning Barry & Andy.  Thanks for the adventure. The route is going to be perfect!  The 7 a.m. start was a good suggestion as we lucked out on avoiding the heat. We are truly the "Three  Blind Mice" as we had to guide each other in uncharted routes.  Great team work and a nice 80 miles.  I had to laugh when I asked Andy, "do you know where we are?"  "Not a clue", he replied.  Though I had been in some parts where we rode yesterday, I was a bit clueless as well.

The other 20 miles to complete the century, we will be including Camino Del Rey to the San Luis Bicycle Trail.  We will probably do this third Century for the Cruiser Long Riders sometime in September - on a week day.  The way we have set the ride segments gives the entire group the opportunity to ride all or part of it. Our mid ride food break is going to work out nicely as well.

Thanks,
~Peg - Your Fearless Cruiser Long Ride Leader

Oh,almost forgot.  Thanks for the unscheduled stop at Revolution Bikes to get my brakes fixed. The front brake completely locked up and I could barely stop the bike - almost had to do a Flintstone... They were awesome in getting it fixed so fast.  Those guys are GREAT! 

We love HILLS!     We love HILLS!    We love HILLS!    We love Hills!

It was a good ride with all contributing to the route and lead. Look forward to adding Bonsall to it and making it a century next time.
Here is a link to the stats from the ride as well.

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/350486516#.UfcUeZGFaG4.email

Andy