News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

March 14 regular ride

Started by Robert Abraham, March 09, 2015, 01:01:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I will be in San Luis Obispo this coming weekend, so there will be no ride leader. I checked out the route on Sunday. It's a nice route, very enjoyable, only slightly modified from Jeff's original. I know it's only 39 miles, but with all the big punchy hills, it adds up, so if you really push the pace, it will make for a tough day. Several things to note are road conditions. Camino del Norte is rough but not cracked or potted, and as you will be climbing, it's not bad at a low speed. At mile 18 on Mimulus, bear right at the "y" for the turn onto Avenida Acacias. Montevideo, Fortuna, and El Mirlo have some sections of road that are beat up on the right hand side, so riders will need to take the lane and use the center to avoid cracks and potholes. The break is at Harvest Ranch market. When you leave, exit the way you entered and turn left to continue on Rancho Santa Fe, which will then change to Encinitas Boulevard. Willowsprings is at the top of the hill. Please be safe and courteous and heed the stops signs on Willowsprings! This is residential and some of them are blind intersections. Take time here to relax, maybe a rolling regroup, and enjoy the views. If anyone wants to add miles, I recommend a 2nd circuit of "Stud Loop", or turn right instead of left on Alicante to take El Fuerte up to Gateway.

Have fun, see you on the 21st.

Robert

Almost forgot - as there was no takers, a PDF of the route slip is attached here for those that need it. 4 on a sheet.