News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Super light and compact tubes

Started by karlos, April 20, 2024, 06:38:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

Joe Strafaci turned me onto these tubes after I finally had a need after 15,000+ tubeless miles and failure of my spare tube sitting rotting in my bag for a couple years. I'm only using as backup for the next time I need a tube, but Joe informs that he not only loves the lightness and compactness, but he also likes the simple patches provided to repair the couple flats he has had. Rob Brown asked for a link today, so here it is. They're a bit pricy but not over the top. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C88QQPB8?th=1 (watch the video there)
Look how they fit in my Ortlieb micro bag
- Karl

These are great - I ordered a pair just to have as spares to carry due to their size compared to the regular conti tubes that I was using. Thought I had better try them out so put them on the Emonda with the intention of taking them back off after a couple of rides. They make a huge difference to the feel of the bike though - faster and smoother. Something to with rotational weight...physics stuff?? If only we had some engineers in the club who could explain...

So they are staying on the bike and I just ordered more to be the spares to carry around ...