News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

***SOLD*** 2004 Specialized Sequoia Elite – Ultegra upgrades, VERY low miles

Started by John L., July 13, 2012, 02:47:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John L.

***BIKE IS SOLD*** [Could not delete thread]

This bike is the stock Sequoia Elite but with shift levers, derailleurs, and calipers upgraded to Ultegra.

For those unfamiliar with the model, the Sequoia has some comfort features (Zertz viscoelastic frame/fork inserts, brake levers accessible from both “tucked” and “upright” riding positions, triple chain-ring, etc.) that make it ideal for touring, longer rides, or just someone looking for a more comfortable road bike.

The size is M, which is 54cm.  My wife is around 5’5” and it was a good fit for her.  Color is the same silver/brushed nickel shown in the link below.

In terms of condition, it has the normal wear and tear of a bike that was ridden once or twice a week for 2 years.  My wife had one “over the bars” wipeout, and so the bike has a few scrapes and so forth from that incident, but nothing serious.  The seat got torn, so we replaced it.

We purchased new in March 2004.  At B&L Bike (aka Bike 101) in Solana Beach, the stock Sequoia Elite sold for $1100+tax.  (MSRP was $1200.)  With the upgrades, we paid about $1350 out the door.  I still have the invoice.

For the first two years, my wife was a semi-regular at Tue night and Sat NCCC club rides.  Then we had kids.  We don’t think she’s been on the bike since 2006.  So, it’s been un-ridden for about 6 years, which is most of its life!

We think $650 is a fair price for this bike, given its low-mileage and upgraded Ultegra components.

Specs for the stock Elite:
http://www.bikepedia.com/quickbike/bikespecs.aspx?Year=2004&Brand=Specialized&Model=Sequoia+Elite&Type=bike