News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Considering moving to San Diego and need ride area info please!

Started by Sav, August 17, 2013, 10:41:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sav

Greetings,

I'm searching for an area to relocate North of San Diego. I will be working out of East Mira Mesa and am an avid road cyclist. I also have an interest in windsurfing, freediving and surfing. Ideally I would like to ride from my doorstep out to do group rides and road rides. Can anyone reccomend a good area to locate to?

I'll be renting an apartment ($1000-$1800) and would like to be less than 30 min from Mira Mesa. I was thinking of La Jolla but have no idea about the greater San Diego area.

At the risk of being obvious, check the links on the roadies page - nccc.fullcommitment.com for the complete archive of rides, climbs, and people of NCCC. I particularly like the rides sorted by start point. Additionally, there's the current and archived Sunday ride roster at http://northcountycycleclub.com/routes/disclaimer.php?dest=../currentSundayRides.htm. Ridewithgps.com has a cool search feature, allowing sorts by start location, minimum and maximum distance.

Good luck on the move, and hope to see you at an NCCC club ride soon!

Bill

karlos

Sav - I hate to offer advice on where to live in San Diego County. Sounds like you have lots of interests and La Jolla does put you close to your water activities. If you're interested in the rides which Bill pointed you to, however, you will not be "riding out the door" but having to do some driving to our ride starts in San Marcos (Saturdays) and other northern locations (Sundays). There are still some good out-the-door rides from La Jolla (there are at least 7 ways to climb Mt. Soledad) and it's easy access to Ocean Beach and Pt. Loma, even the South Bay Bikeway, which can send you off southward and eastward, too, to some other good riding areas. Most of the NCCC members are located in the Carlsbad - Oceanside - San Marcos triangle. You could also PM (through this forum) ride leader Jeff Gross (he posts a lot under Ride Leaders Blog) as his day job is a realtor.

Karl - Sunday ride lead