News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Cool Breeze

Started by Nigel Rodgers, August 15, 2016, 09:50:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

We have done it several times, as a group and individuals. The last 20 miles are usually along the coast with a tailwind. A fun way to end a century. The most pleasant part, imo, is the first half, where you get in some good climbing and riding through the hills above Santa Barbara is spectacular riding through some quite, high-end real estate. I've never done the "Hilly" version or the the "Double Metric." What were you thinking of, Nigel?

Would love to go up just for the day to do the hilly century . When I posted I had forgot  that have a commitment Saturday at 6:30 pm. Basically itching to get out of San Diego and do a nice ride !

karlos

Anyone else interested? My wife, Jill, actually is interested in spending Friday night at the Pierpont Inn and having a nice day up there doing anything but riding, which I'll be doing.

karlos

I am not going after all. Something to think about for another time with more advanced notice. If anyone else sees an organized event, post it here and we'll post it under Upcoming Events on the website.
Karl