News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Everybody's Finally Seeing the Light Phils Garage

Started by Nigel Rodgers, April 19, 2018, 08:09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
What a great transition happening in the bicycle industry. I agree 28 to 30 cc tires tubeless has opened huge amount of options. I love my Trek Emonda Disc . Performed flawlessly last Sunday at BWR.
After he blabbers for a while he talks about the Badass new bikes coming out.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d66MyvmV_u0&feature=youtu.be&a=

karlos

Nigel - What an amazing coincidence. Dave Dooley claims a new hip requires a new bike. The Synapse is what I've been looking at. Thanks for the entertaining share. We don't need no stinking Mulholland down here.
-Karl

Hi Karl - New hip does need a new bike.  I rode 8 different bikes for my new bike that I wanted for commuting, maybe gravel, but mostly comfort/flexibility.  I rode the Domane, Synapse, and the new Roubaix among others.  In the end I decided for a Ti bike and accepted the extra weight since it rode so smoothly but if I had to do over again, I'd get the Roubaix.  I thought it rode much smoother than either the Synapse or Domane.  I did not ride the Emonda, so I don't have a comparison opinion to it but if you haven't look at the new Roubaix, I'd suggest you ride it too before buying.
Anthony

Personally not a big fan of any of the endurance frames.  I made that mistake with the Scott Solace. If I were to buy one of the new generation bikes today it would be a Canyon Ultimate Disc. It comes with electronic shifting and hydraulic disc for the same price I bought my Trek . Minus the electronic shifting.  Go check them out. They have a brand new show room over in Carlsbad
https://www.canyon.com/en-us/road/ultimate/ultimate-cf-slx-disc-9-0-sl

Although by far my Emonda is the most comfortable bike I have ever ridden . Tony Jones is saying the same about his new Emonda