News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

NCCC members - check your Display Name on your Forum profile

Started by karlos, October 02, 2011, 10:27:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

This note only applies to current members who have signed up on-line AND have customized their Forum (Message Board) profile to display with your posts something other than (first, last) name which is the default for NCCC members. I just accidentally executed a function on our membership database which tells the Forum, to which it is linked, to reset user defaults. This only affects you if you have customized your display name, which is the name displayed next to your posts (not your login name if you are an NCCC member). For example, my personal display name is "Karl", but the default is "Karl Rudnick". I just now had to reset it to "Karl." For those of you who have customized your display names (kellyjay and andulong come to mind), or if you have never done this and want to, just:

1. Click on the PROFILE button
2. Under Modify Profile, select Account Related Settings
3. Change the "Name:" setting to what you want displayed with your posts on any of the Forum boards.

This will happen very rarely and it is my mistake. I will try to fix the software so this does not happen in the future. Sorry if this upset or confused anyone. There are only just a few members which this affects, so if this note doesn't even make sense, it is safe to ignore it  ;).

-Karl