News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Alternative for Sat Jan 20th Fallbrook / VC Sean adventure ride

Started by karlos, January 17, 2024, 09:17:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

I am subbing for Sean this Saturday and since his Adventure Weeks (3rd Sat) are being retired as a regular treat, I chose one of his past adventures in honor of the creative rides he has been providing. I have had a few responses with skepticism / dislike for both Nelson Way (steep climb with some dirt on the top section) and the long downhill dirt section of Cougar Pass. I hacked a very similar route bypassing these features. This alternate shows on our ride lists so you may wish to load them both for improvisation opportunities. There is also a chance of rain, requiring either cancellation or an even better reason for alternates. I rarely miss a good rain, so even if it cancels I may show in full rain regalia in case anyone else is in the mood. Stay tuned for the weather report.

Helen

Thank you for the alternative route to skip the dirt sections 😁