News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Thanks to beta testers

Started by karlos, June 09, 2007, 09:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

Thanks to Michael von Neumann, Dave (ptp) White, Lisa Ruby, and Kelly Jay for beta testing the new Message Board and providing valuable feedback to ensure the transition is a pleasant one. It is an interruption to take time and provide suggestions, so their time is appreciated. Briefly:

1. Michael - "I like it better", BUT users must be able to post without registering and without having to provide an e-mail if they choose not to which is the way the old Msg Brd worked. It was possible to configure the Board to Michael's specification as an option to registering so that people can use the Msg Brd as they always have.

2. Dave - suggested font changes and ensuring posts and replies are displayed in the order we are used to (registered members can configure this now for your own personal preference).

3. Lisa - "This is the same software that is used by another Message Board that I frequent at www.motionbased.com (I use this to get and post my GPS ride info on my Garmin Edge 305). I like the way it works on that site. So my feedback would be that I like this style of Message Board. The sticky topic feature can be very useful."

4. kellyjay - Pushed for yellow background color scheme for an "NC3 feel" customization. "It might be nice to keep with the club colors to make this forum stand out from the norm. Grey and blue are OK, but perhaps yellow and blue would make members feel right at home!" (bright yellow was tried, but it hurt your webmaster's eyes and looked unprofessional, so a softer yellow was used - post a reply here if you want to make the conclusion for yourself).