News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Recent posts

For Sale by Members / Felt TT bike for sale by neigh...
Last post by jonpenner - May 14, 2024, 12:21:39 PM
Hi,

My neighbor is trying to sell an older aluminum Felt TT bike (SIZE SMALL)
for a family member.  He was asking $250, but no one was interested once they found out the frame size.

It has a mechanical Shimano 105 groupset.  It has been inside a storage facility for quite some time.  I took a look at it yesterday, and it seemed in good shape outside of the flat tires.

He asked me if I knew anyone who wanted it.  He'd rather sell it for a lot less than just throw it away.  I told him that I would mention it to the group.

Jon Penner 760-518-0022
Non NCCC Cycling Info / Get Your Camp Pendleton Base P...
Last post by cazbeck11 - May 13, 2024, 06:09:54 PM
Camp Pendleton visitor center (Building 20255T) will reopen on 13 May and with that the base  will resume issuance of cyclists passes for new or renewals.  None-DoD members should expect long delays when applying for passes; below are details provide additional information.

Visitor center services will resume on Monday, 13 May 2024, in building 20255t and are available from 0730 through 1530 Monday through Friday.

Marine corps base, Camp Pendleton (MCB CAMPEN) official visitors,  volunteers,  command guests,  guests of base residents, marine corps community service patrons,  and recreational bicyclists should report to the visitor center for service.

For more information visit the Camp Pendleton base access website
🌐 https://www.pendleton.marines.mil/Main-Menu/Base-Access/
For Sale by Members / 700x23-25 tubes
Last post by hngarfinkel - May 11, 2024, 05:31:34 PM
8 new Continental tubes (700x23-25) $5 each or 8 for $35. Howard G 559-301-4179
For Sale by Members / Re: Wanted, a road bike for un...
Last post by hngarfinkel - May 11, 2024, 05:25:42 PM
I have a Cannondale aluminum frame with carbon forks; its a triple chain ring. Size 50. Will sell for $300.   Howard G 559-301-4179
For Sale by Members / Re: For Sale by Members Board ...
Last post by hngarfinkel - May 11, 2024, 05:17:31 PM
For sale: 8 Continental tubes, fits 700 x 23 - 25 tires. New. $5 each  (Bought new bike with larger tires).
Howard G. Text: 559-301-4179
Club Rides & Events / Re: SR-56 bike path extension ...
Last post by karlos - May 09, 2024, 10:48:39 PM
Ribbing cutting ceremony: 10:30 am, May 23rd it is
For Sale by Members / Free Kit - men's small sizes
Last post by Stephen Schale - May 09, 2024, 11:46:51 AM
I purchased kit a couple years ago that turned out way too small, and I'm finally (...after moving to Oregon...) looking to get them to a better home. I think both are Men's small size. Picture attached.
Club Rides & Events / Re: SR-56 bike path extension ...
Last post by jonpenner - May 06, 2024, 01:37:17 PM
I rode through there this weekend to check it out.  Locals have pushed the fencing to the side.  It's nice to avoid traffic around I-5.

Might be nice if one of our routes included being in that area around 10:30, but that might be hard to coordinate.
Club Rides & Events / SR-56 bike path extension unde...
Last post by karlos - May 06, 2024, 01:09:40 PM
The extension of the SR-56 path under I-5 is complete and likely still fenced until the kickoff on May 23rd.
From  Caltrans:

Date: Mon, Apr 29, 2024, 3:39 PM
Subject: SR-56 Bike Path Extension Opening
To: jimb...@gmail.com <jimb...@gmail.com>
Hello CA Association of Bicycle Organizations

Caltrans will be completing the SR-56 bike path extension at the end of May and we are holding a ribbon cutting event on May 23 (time TBD but probably around 10:30). We would like to invite your team to the event and are hoping that you can help spread the word about the opening and the ceremony to your members.

Thank you,
Steve Welborn – Public Affairs Manager/Legislative Affairs Liaison
District 11 – External Affairs
4050 Taylor Street, San Diego, CA 92110
Club Rides & Events / Re: Super light and compact tu...
Last post by Robert Brown - May 05, 2024, 09:40:40 AM
These are great - I ordered a pair just to have as spares to carry due to their size compared to the regular conti tubes that I was using. Thought I had better try them out so put them on the Emonda with the intention of taking them back off after a couple of rides. They make a huge difference to the feel of the bike though - faster and smoother. Something to with rotational weight...physics stuff?? If only we had some engineers in the club who could explain...

So they are staying on the bike and I just ordered more to be the spares to carry around ...