News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Thank Encinitas for the New Bike Lane and Sharrows!

Started by karlos, February 09, 2013, 03:06:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

Dear Cyclist Friends

Have you seen the changes to coast highway in Encinitas?

If you haven’t seen or ridden on the changes please go and check them out.  If you have please write to the Encinitas city council with your feelings on the bike lane and sharrows that they had so much courage to make happen.  Also don’t forget to give kudos to Rob Blough Encinitas traffic engineer that worked with us from the beginning and found cutting edge bicycle transportation solutions to make the roads accessible and safer for all users not just cars.  He did a wonderful job on the project and it looks and feels awesome.

The first letters that hit council the more powerful they are.  So far they have received more negative than positive.  Having feedback will help with their communications with the Coastal Commission as well.

Here is the link to Encinitas City council addresses:
http://ci.encinitas.ca.us/index.aspx?page=156

Please share  this request on to all your friends and social media so that the council knows how everyone feels.. the more letters the better and the sooner the better.

Thanks a lot everyone.

Judy Frankel
Bike Friendly North County
Bike/Walk Encinitas

Jeff Gross

I sent the following to the mayor, with CC's to council members:

Hi Teresa,

I am the ride leader for the North County Cycle Club, the largest recreational bike club (not racers) in North County.
Today, I took my club on a ride up the Coast Highway from Solana Beach to Carlsbad.

What a great change! We really enjoyed the ride and many commented on how the sharrows and how they used to feel shoved to the edge of the road.
Once we got past Leucadia Blvd, and encountered the dedicated bike lane, WOW! We passed the site where a bicyclist was killed by a drunk driver, and some commented on how it would not likely happen again.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

Sincerely,
Jeff Gross

I got the following response:

Jeff-

Thank you for the positive feedback and happy travels to you and your group! These changes certainly create a safer and more balanced roadway for us all. Thank you for taking the time to email.

Take care,
Kristin Gaspar
Council Member
City of Encinitas
Jeff Gross
CA broker #01494883, REALTOR, Notary, GRI, e-PRO, GREEN, BrokerPriceOpinion
NCCC Ride Leader, Bike League Certified Instructor (LCI), USCF Level 3 Cycling Coach, Level 3 Swim Coach
Full Commitment Real Estate
jeff@fullcommitment.com

Thanks for sharing Jeff.. Great letter and nice response. They appreciate being appreciated.