News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

L'Etape du California AKA Pre-Ride the Escondido Stage

Started by seanb, May 02, 2013, 08:45:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

seanb

There seems to be a small group of NCCCers participating in the Tour of California L'Etape du California on Saturday May 11th. The ride will cover stage one of the Tour of California. It departs from San Pasqual High School in South Escondido near Kit Carson Park near north county fair mall at 7:00 AM. It would be nice to try to roll out as a group showing our NCCC colors and I suggest we try to meet at the start to leave as a group.

So, if you are planning on doing the ride let me/us know and we can establish a meeting time and place.

http://www.amgentourofcalifornia.com/Experience-the-Tour/l-etape-du-california.html

Sean, I am waffling right now.  I was really looking forward to that ride.  However, after breaking a toe and being off the bike for almost two weeks now I'm not sure I'll be ready.

If I can get through Sunday's ride and get a decent week of training in then I will be there.

-Wade

karlos

I'm registered, Sean. Note that, to do this, I had to tell my in-laws that I'm a volunteer race course marshal and this ride is required. Else, I would have to do our annual pre-Mothers Day train ride to San Juan Capistrano. This is just to give others an idea how to make an excuse to do the ride.
~Karl

I signed up yesterday. It will be great seeing you all. I’ll be in the area to watch the race from Friday night through Monday night, so if anyone would want to catch up give me a call (951-252-7429). See you-all next weekend. Jeff

seanb

So far I am aware of the following riders..................Wade (he will come around to see the wisdom of going for the KOM broken toe and all), Karlos AKA Karl, Ursula AKA Big Foot AKA QOM Temecula Century, Diana AKA Diana, Alfredo and guest rider and KOM of the Temecula century Jeff Baxter.

My hope is a broken toe will slow Wade down and if Jeff and Ursula wear their Temecula Century medals that will slow them down and maybe, just maybe I can keep up:)

I am thinking we park at Kit Carson, and if to crowded the mall. If we cannot find each other I suggest we meet at the Fire Station at Kit Carson. It's across  the street from the high school at the intersection of Bear Valley and Mary Lane. It is also an alternative entrance to Kit Carson. As the ride starts at 7:00 I would suggest a 6:45 meeting.

karlos

If Wade can get up Montezuma without a derailleur in his small rear cog, then a broken toe is no excuse...

I will be along for the ride with my friend and former neighbor Doug and his friend Dan. They're registered, and I am self-supporting. Not sure what their plan is, but it would be nice to tag along with the NCCC grupetto.