News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

"Pie Ride" this year?

Started by Nerius Landys, September 14, 2011, 04:37:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I think we should do Bill's "Pie Ride" before the year ends.  As he described it, I think it requires you to go up South Grade Road, eat some pie at the top, then do Mesa Grande and eat some pie at Dudley's.  I think it's a 100 miler.

Pssh. Let's make it triple pie and go up to Julian for thirds! And as long as we're gonna swing through Julian, let's go down Banner Grade and back around through Ocotillo and up the 8. It might be getting dusk by then so we have to do Kitchen Creek (it's a real treat at night). October sounds good to me.

I'm down for the 200k version.  Maybe around Thanksgiving?  I'll try to hunt down a route slip.

200 km is absolute max for me.
100 mi is a bit better.

Ok.  Check this out: http://www.mapmyride.com/routes/view/51202362. 112 miles from OCRR.  Less if we move the start to Escondido.  I'm game for a Sunday in Oct/Nov.