News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Tour de Palm Springs

Started by John H, June 27, 2007, 12:42:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John H

In case anyone had heard the rumors floating around about a second Palm Springs Tour (to hopefully thin the herd) in November, they are just that-rumors. I heard it from 3 separate disconnected people so it was spreading like a computer virus. I talked to Vicki Billioux, one of the Tour administrators, and she said "Only one" and hoped we could join in the ride. I assured her we would be there in mass!!

That's interesting because at the Tour de Palm Springs expo I was handed a flyer advertising the fall ride.  It was scheduled for the 3rd weekend in November.  I guess they cancelled the fall ride.

John H

The information I had all seemed to channel back to similar sources, including the expo. It may have been intended as an alternative to Tuscon or an attempt to thin the crowd at the February ride. My specific question dealt with a "2nd" Tour de Palm Springs in November and the answer was "No".  A second event under some other name or sponser didn't come up in their response. When you consider the logistics to pull off a ride of that claliber, doing it twice within a three month time frame is pretty scarey!! So......perhaps some alternative type ride may still pop up but their doesn't seem to be any info in the grapevine. Keep your radar on. See you on the road-ride safe!