News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

52-36 SRAM Powerglide Mid-compact 10-speed chainrings

Started by wbturek@yahoo.com, June 23, 2013, 06:19:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Got tired of getting spun-out with my 50-34 compact crank, so got these rings - keeps most of the bottom end of a compact (110 mm BCD) crank, but adds the top end which is so nice to have chasing speed down the hills! Less than 500 (I'd guess) miles later, I got a standard crank, so these are orphans. Email me at at wbturek at yahoo.com for photos. I guess $50 for the set?

Bill, you are really switching to a standard crank?  I can't imagine attacking some of the hills we ride with that gearing.  Have you ridden anything with a ridiculous grade yet?

I'm happily riding a 50-34 right now but that 52-36 seems right in the sweet spot. I'd hold on to them until I was absolutely sure.

Wade, I'm stuck with a 130 bcd 53-39 on my road bike. I put the compact crank on my "adventure" bike, and physically can't run the 52 on it.

I managed to make it up the tramway climb at the end of the Tour of California stage #2 without paperboying, puking or cramping, so I guess I'm set!

That said, the 52-36 was a pretty sweet setup. 52 is almost 53, but 36 is, and feels, a fair bit less than 39.

I will Take them if they are pretty. I just got my S-Works Crank so these would make a nice addition.-David