News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Wanted touring bike

Started by Dolores Wells, April 27, 2015, 02:00:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi, I am looking for a touring bike for one of our club members she is 5'5" you can contact me and I'll put you in touch with her. Thanks Dolores
Doloreswells@hotmail.com

OK,  I have the a 52 CM New Abion HomeBrew.  High Tensile Steel.  New.  Wholesale Price is 599.95.  Cost to your friend.  $679.95.  Has 9 Speed Downtube Shifters.  This is a compact crank, and Wide Range Rear Cogset... and is not geared for heavy touring, but Can be modified for that purpose.  For about $100.00 more.  Very simple, straight forward, down tube non indexed shifting.   Able to carry racks front and rear.  Very comfortable, and predictable handling.
Fire Engine red paint... For those who want to call attention to themselves.

NEW KHS TR-101 touring bike.  Sloping top tube with Steel Frame built with reynolds 520 Tubing.  Triple crankset of course, with wide range rear cassette.  Indexed shifting on Bar Ends... That's where they should be on a touring bike!  I believe she would be most comfortable on the 17 inch frame with 52.7 inch top tube.  She should compare that top tube measurement with her present road bike.  Comes with Rear carry rack and full plastic fenders.... A Front rack can be added. Very stable riding bike.  See it at: http://khsbicycles.com/bikes/2015-khs-models/tr-101-15/ Price is $975.00 This includes lifetime free adjustments.  (I like the sloping top tube on this bike, gives greater stand over clearance.  Dee should buy one too.  Otherwise, who will she ask to carry all her stuff on the DEETOUR?

From Greg Pschaida.... Co-Owner of Rockin Robbie's Village Professional Bike Shop in Fallbrook,  760-468-4578