News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Long riders team camaraderie.....let's try again...

Started by Anthony Scozzari, July 23, 2012, 02:09:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Ok all long riders, let try this fellowship and openness again.  I will recap where we left off in April and then add some new self effacing additions to our conversation....

We started with nicknames and being vulnerable with each other, I shared first with Scuzzy, Scuzbum, Chewy, GI Joe with the kung fu grip.
Our Sunday ride leader, Karl, was next with spud, potato or potata
Bill, the butt grabber (as per Sean) was next with Billy, Spilliam, and studmuffin (okay I'm back after my vomiting, brushing my teeth and a shower from typing that last sentence)

Let's add some more.  C'mon Sean. c'mon Wade, Ursala - your name is Ursala, you have red hair and you're German - there had to be something, Nerius??

Let's also open up with vulnerable old pictures...here you go the first one as a budding football star and I must have known the hair was soon to go so enjoy it now and the second one is after failing as a football star in college deciding to cheer them on, I'm on the far right starting to lose my hair....

Anthony, I never really had any nicknames â€" or at least none that stuck.

One season in little league baseball a couple kids called me Noodle because of the way I would twist when I turned a double play from shortstop. 

For a short period my high school football team referred to me as either Psycho or Sybil â€" because of my aggressive on field behavior (I’m not particularly proud of this).

Some called me Duke which I thought was John Wayne bad-ass but that lasted all of one one high school semester.

I was also a professional Laser Tag Photon player (super lame) where  I was known as Daredevil and Bhodi Li. 

Here is a picture from when I was in college. It was probably 1987 or 1988.  I suspect you would find this image if you were to Google “nerd”.     

Great stuff Wade, way to get into the spirit!!!  Ursula had some nickname stuff to add by email which I'll add here when on a computer, I can't figure out how to copy/paste from the iPad.

Who is the next brave soul?

Wait a minute, Anthony!  You have way too much time on your hands right now.  You have a story to tell.  Anyway, I sent that info confidentially to your email so that it wouldn't end up in the public domain of NCCCCCCCCCC.  Yea, go ahead and try to copy/paste.  If you have my technological skills, it won't work ;)  Wait, you do...which way is right & which way is left????
Ursula

Fair enough Ursala and since it was some German gibberish that wouldn't made any sense anyway to the NCCC crowd I won't copy and paste....oh yeah there is the technology issues too as you point out..

I will share the second part because it is so you and the NCCC crowd will get it......apparently some cruel children tried to place the nickname "Carrot top" on Ursala but she shut them down, like she drops most of us, by telling them the tops of carrots are green leaves!

Yes I have too much time onmy hands with a story to tell which I'll do in a separate post.

Gee, I wish I could add something, but I can't seem to find the button . . .