News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Membership Software Upgrade - Check your profile

Started by karlos, May 11, 2014, 06:59:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

All - Just a note that the membership software has gone through a major upgrade. Since a large portion of the club (members for more than 3 years) have retained the original static renewal date of May 31, they will start receiving renewal notices around May 17. Automated renewal notices are always sent 2 weeks, 1 week, 1 day prior to expiration - the reminders stop once you pay. Since the software was just recently configured, and I will be out of town through May 29, there is a slim chance the automatic notification may not be enabled - won't know until May 17 or 18. Not to worry, as I can ensure everything is OK when I get back, but if you know you are in this renewal group, you can renew early or any time during the month by going to http://northcountycycleclub.com > Members > Renew Membership and taking care of it on your own. If your renewal date is May 31, renewing early will just add a year so that your next expiration date will be May 31, 2015.  The upgraded software has a newer, friendlier look, but the steps are the same - you need to check the NCCC waiver agreement annually as before, too, to stay active.

Check your email in your Profile! As always, it is a good idea to periodically check your profile, especially your email address as if that is incorrect, your club communication link is broken. Only you can update that - it is no longer the job of the Membership Chair (Lou) to do that as we always had about 5% incorrect email addresses in the old days when it was kept up manually. So even if you think you don't have to renew in the near future just go to http://northcountycycleclub.com > Members > Login and make sure all your contact information is up to date.

If you should have any difficulties, don't hesitate to ping me at rudnick.cooper@gmail.com as I will be checking email periodically while out of town. You may see an NCCC jersey somewhere in the crowd in Barolo - Stage 12 of the Giro d'Italia.

ciao - Karl

karlos

Related to the upgrade, just a few of you have modified your Profile in this NCCC Forum, which has a few features which are not part of the Profile you set up in the Membership database. The main modification people have made is for their "Display Name" - what you see with posts. For example, my username is something weird, but my "Display Name" is "karlos" - not so weird. For those of you who have customized your own "Display Name" the Membership database upgrade also reset your Display Name in the Forum to the default "First name Last name". To change that default just click Profile button above, select Account Settings, and change Name.