News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Great Cycle Challenge: Join the NCCC team!

Started by Sean Cunneen, May 31, 2017, 07:44:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey NCCC crew-

I signed up for the Great Cycle Challenge and started an NCCC team . The Great Cycle Challenge is a nationwide campaign to eradicate childhood cancer.  I'd appreciate it if you would consider joining as each mile counts, even if you make no personal donation. I figured 800 miles in June was doable, right?

You can view the site here: https://greatcyclechallenge.com/Teams/NCCCFriends/h

The idea is that you set yourself a ride target for June and cycle as many miles as you can throughout the month.

You can link your Strava account to track your miles. The challenge gives each rider their own profile page where it will track all your rides over the month and you can add comments, photos and share your page with your friends to update them on your progress.

It's a great excuse to get out on your bike and it's for a great cause â€" to fight kids' cancer!  You don't have to fundraise, but you can donate if you want. How much is entirely up to you. They are just trying to rack up the miles and you guys could help.

Anyway...it starts tomorrow, takes about 3 minutes to sign up and is super easy. Best of all it's for a good cause and it's something you do anyway...so may as well help them add up those miles.

Consider it...

I signed up!  It was very quick to sign up and link Strava.  Thanks for posting and letting us all know about it.