News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

August 5 regular ride

Started by Robert Abraham, August 03, 2017, 01:39:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Comrades!

I'd like to do something different for the ride this coming Saturday. Typically, we have always done a "split-negative", that is, we cut loose and go for broke in the second half of the route. This Saturday, I'd like the group to do the opposite. Please review the route, as the out-bound routing is a variation from the usual. We will do a full regroup after Jesmond Dene, and then I'd like the group to stay relaxed on the descent to Welks. No racing; if you drop me, you're going too fast and need to chill out . Once we hit Welks resort on the flat, there will be a rolling regroup. Upon passing the junction with Circle R, the race IS ON. It will be full speed up 395 to Lilac and into Bonsall. Have some fun, burn all your matches. When we leave the break, let's motor along at a relaxed pace alo g the usual "Warmlands" routing and try to keep the group together. It's going to be warming up by then. Once we hit Buena Creek, we can TT back to OCRR.

-Robert