News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Lost Fulcrum Wheel at SMRR

Started by Daniel Upton, October 02, 2021, 03:40:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Today, I believe I drove off around noon today leaving my front wheel in the parking lot near the Regular Ride Start area.  If you know of it's location, please email me at daniel.upton@dexcom, or call or text me at 760-525-3268.  It's a Fulcrum Competizione clincher wheel, black w/ red trim, and w/ a 28 mm Conti on it.  My rear wheel misses it's partner, as do I!

:)
Bottom Line:  I got a phone call around 3pm today from someone I've never met, saying 'Is this Daniel Upton? ...I found your roadbike wheel."  So, after profusely thanking this person and agreeing to pick it up in the VeraCruz FishHouse Lost 'n Found, I asked 'How did I get so lucky to have a perfect stranger call me, knowing my name, and bringing this excellent news?  She, Michelle Murphy, a roadie from SFO says 'My friend and I saw your wheel on our way into VeraCruz, so we left it with their lost and found.  While eating, we [I think she said Google and] found out about a website called 'All About San Marcos', so we posted there that we found a wheel.  Someone quickly replied that NCCC rides from that location, so she could check the NCCC website.  Luckily, I had just posted this 'Lost Wheel' blog entry, with my name and phone number, so Michelle called me, telling me she found it.  I drove to the Fish House, they gave me my wheel back.  How lucky is that!!!