News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

New valve for tubeless setups

Started by karlos, January 13, 2022, 09:26:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

Lots more of us are riding tubeless these days. Check out this new valve design
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_i1e88L8YE
Has anyone switched to the new Reserve Fillmore valve?

Brilliant! I carry a couple of spare cores on rides, have to use them pretty much each time I add sealant on a trail.

karlos

Paul - The one restriction is that the rim depth has to be < 28mm. That wouldn't work on my road bike but most MTB rims are shallower and gravel bike rims should be checked before buying these. I saw on some forum that roadies are requesting ones that work with deeper rims. But it IS a brilliant idea.

My rims are all <28mm, just ordered a pair. Being on the light side I can't use deep rims nor aero spokes, crosswinds actually push me off to the side. I had Mavic's with bladed spokes years ago then one day as I turned the corner at the bottom of Torrey Pines I suddenly found myself 4' over to the side of the bike lane in the dirt. Got new wheels the next morning.