News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

NCCC Sunday June 5th bike path preview

Started by karlos, June 03, 2022, 04:08:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

karlos

We will be doing the spanking new North Coast Trail from Birmingham to Solana Hills as a highlight of our Sunday June 5th Coffee Ride.

The official opening ceremony for this new multi-use trail is tomorrow June 4 at 11am at the suspension bridge under I5. Here's what it will look like. You may note I sped it up a bit, or I would have multiple KOMs  8).

I left the last 7 seconds in to show one way we take the Smart Cycling Road students through the Lomas Santa Fe / I-5 interchange to make a left just past the freeway. We practice it all possible legal ways 😉. On the Sunday ride, we will be doing that left turn just as in the video after coming up Lomas Santa Fe, improvising to get in the left lane as early as traffic will safely allow - if heavy traffic, we can do a box turn onto Santa Helena.