News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Question about tomorrows ride -> 1/22/23

Started by MikeSD, January 21, 2023, 10:18:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MikeSD

Hey Guys, I'm a new member and I'd like to ride w/the club tomorrow.
Questions:
How many people usually show up for the Sunday rides?
I'm guessing that the ride breaks up into smaller groups depending on the pace with the occasional regroup?
What is the duration for a ride of this length?

I checked strava for similar rides and I've averaged between 14-15 mph. Based on the information from the website I think I'll be able to hang but I just want to make sure.   :)

Thanks!

Mike

karlos

Welcome to NCCC, Mike. The Sunday ride usually stays together pretty well. If someone wants to burn up a climb, they always wait at the top as well. The real issue for tomorrow and the next few weeks is that the ride leader (me) is under doc's orders to stay off the road for a few weeks. I was just about to post this note in general when I saw your post. Someone may show up, even a qualified ride leader who is subbing for me. So it may be a small, ragtag group if any tomorrow. I would also say that as a newbie, the Jan 29 ride is probably something you will want to avoid as it is one of the more challenging rides that any of the NCCC groups do.
Looking forward to meeting you when I'm back in action.
Karl

karlos

Hey, Mike. Nigel Rodgers will be leading the ride tomorrow. I can't say how many will show. The Sunday ride is usually smaller 8-12 folks, sometimes as small as 4. Introduce yourself to Nigel and Keith who will also be there.

MikeSD

Thanks very much Karlos! I'll see if I can drag my butt out of bed.  ;)