News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Camp Pendleton visitor center closed

Started by kcpurcell, January 26, 2023, 08:52:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcpurcell

Passing on an email report from the Cyclo-Vets:

Subject: Cyclo-Vets Camp Pendleton Bicycle Permits

I wanted to alert club members that Camp Pendleton has currently stopped issuing bicycle permits or renewing permits at the visitor's center. I found the visitor's center closed today when I went up to renew my permit and they told me at the gate that it will remain closed for some time, but they did not know how long. They said I could go north to the Las Pulgas gate and go to the temporary visitor's center there. I did that only to find out that they are not issuing permits and no permits will be issued until the main gate visitor's center reopens.

I asked if they would honor permits that had expired in the meantime and they said they would not. 

So, no riding through the base for me for the foreseeable future and I wanted to alert the club members. 

karlos

And I hope I can renew in February when mine expires. This is also a chance to remind all that they are no longer issuing the slick ID cards to ride thru. It is now an awkward 8.5x11 paper which you either need to put in a baggie or just take an image on your phone (unverified method as of yet).