News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Does the north end of Twin Oaks flood?

Started by kcpurcell, February 02, 2024, 07:34:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

kcpurcell

Is the north end of Twin Oaks, past the quarry, passable after rains like we've had?

It's always been dry weather when I've ridden that section.

— Ken C-P

Ken: just thinking about that; don't know the answer but I'm reluctant to ride the part of Twin Oaks where the road is broken up on a steep ascent and also the fast descent could be tricky.

Tony Jones

Ken, That section of Twin Oaks can by by-passes if it looks bad after the rains.  We would continue along Old River to E Vista Way/Warmlands.
Thanks for the heads-up.
Tony.

karlos

There's just that low part before the ~200' climb up to Silverleaf that sometimes is a bit wet. However, I've never ridden it right on the heels of a rain, so unsure if it becomes impassable.

I would avoid it, especially if its new to some riders.  The low dirt section, northbound before the climb, could be pretty messy.  Also bad if the steep bumpy ascent is damp.  It's a long way from help.