News:

This Forum is for the purpose of communication of cycling related issues. It is open to all with very few restrictions on content, but is moderated to some extent. Forum participants are expected to treat each other with dignity and respect.

Main Menu

Sunset Park Driving Directions - Please Post on Mar 16 rides

Started by Daniel Upton, March 12, 2024, 11:19:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Without a tip, many people may make time-wasting errors driving to Sunset Park's south parking lot, perhaps making them late.  So, please post this tip alongside the Mar 16 Roadies ride I'm leading (and, I suggest, alongside Long Roadies ride, too.)

'In San Marcos, drive to Linda Vista and Las Flores; drive north on Las Flores, turn left (south-west) on La Mirada, then left at the end, into the South Parking Lot.'

Thank you, NCCC website people!

Daniel

Troy Buss

You may have made an error here:
Quote from: Daniel Upton on March 12, 2024, 11:19:20 AM'In San Marcos, drive to Linda Vista and Las Flores; drive north on Las Flores, turn left (south-west) on La Mirada, then left at the end, into the South Parking Lot.'
'In San Marcos, drive to Linda Vista and Las Flores; drive north on Las Flores, turn left (south-west) on La Mirada, then left at the end, into the West Parking Lot.'

Right, thanks Troy!  It is more West than South.

Helen

Omg just made the drive to Sunset Park on La Miranda and there is a very steep hill to climb to get to the park if you're riding to the meet up location. Is the address 3337 La Miranda? Seem limited parking as well. I can see why ppl can get lost getting in this park. Not an easy access by car either :(

If we must meet at a park then at Woodland Park would be better as it is a lot bigger park more parking available also the gradient is flat. Just a suggestion. Sunset Park seems not a good location that is my vote. :)